Dutch Institute for Media Arts
Friday June 18, 2010
doors open 8:00 p.m., program begins 8:30 p.m.
Please make reservations (email@example.com)
During this evening, the Interface Studies Group will present the ‘interface’ as the centre of technology mediated experience and will reveal trends, notions and tangible prototypes that stretch and challenge the still predominant screen – spectator arrangement.
In contrast with traditional cinema and TV, in what may be called the 'post-PC' era, mobile and haptic interfaces and Reactive Environments are putting the embodied presence of the user back on stage. By engaging other senses and modalities such as touch, voice, movement and mobility and by taking into account the user's sensorial and affective dimensions, new forms of interaction, knowledge production, and forms of sociality are made possible.
1. Jan Simons, Media Theory author and researcher, Associate Professor ASCA/UvA.
‘Beyond the desktop’. Presentation of the Interface Studies research group and lecture.
2. Ben Salem, Architect, Assistant Professor TU/e
‘Designing reactive environments’.
3. Lilia Pérez, Digital Artist, Interaction Designer and Researcher, PhD Candidate
‘Just Touch’. An overview on touch as a paradigm for human-computer interaction
4. Jorge Alves Lino, Concept Designer, PhD Candidate TU/e
‘Responsive environments in the context of public space and large scale installation’
5. Noam Knoller, Interaction designer/artist, filmmaker, PhD Candidate ASCA/UvA
‘Interface Visions of Storytelling’
6. Karen Lancel, Digital artist, PhD Candidate ASCA/UvA.
'TELE_TRUST in the context of artistic interfaces’
DJ Possibility to interact with the works in progress and interesting gadgets presented by guest artists and designers.
This event is part of Sculpture Park, an initiative of Broadcast Media Sculptures.
Kindly supported by EACEA and AFK
Organized by SALTO Omroep Amsterdam
Associated Partner: NIMk